The Council is a collegiate management body of Klaipėda University. The KU Council follows the Republic of Lithuania Law on Science and Studies, the Klaipėda University Statute, and the Council‘s Regulations. The Council shall: approve of the University‘s vision and mission and the strategic action plan submitted by the Rector; consider and approve the University‘s restructuring plans submitted by the Rector; establish the terms and procedures of organising Rector‘s elections through public competition; elect, appoint, and dismiss the Rector; determine the University‘s funds and assets management, use, and disposal procedures and consider and approve the major related decisions; take care of support for the University and perform other tasks. The Council is elected for a term of 5 years and comprises 9 members.
The Chairman of the Council: –
- prof. dr. Darius Daunys, Chief Researcher, Marine Research Institute at Klaipėda University,
- Vytautas Grubliauskas, Mayor of Klaipėda City Municipality,
- prof. dr. Vytautas Juščius, Head of the Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences, Klaipėda University,
- Nijolė Laužikienė, Director of the Department of Education and Culture of the Administration of Klaipėda City Municipality,
- Vaiva Makarauskaitė, President of the Student Union of Klaipeda University,
- prof. dr. Arvydas Martinkėnas, Head of the Department of Medical Technologies, Faculty of Health Sciences, Klaipėda University,
- Vidas Mišeikis, Director of AB Klaipedos baldai,
- Jurgita Šilinskaitė-Venslovienė, AB “Klaipedos Nafta” LNG Services Division Manager,
- prof. habil. dr. Vladas Žulkus, Chief Researcher at the Institute of History and Archeology of the Baltic Region at Klaipėda University.
The Council was formed on 25 April 2018.
Administrative Assistant of the Council Indrė Šimkienė
Phone: +370 46 39 89 03