Education Exchanges Support Foundation offers Lithuanian state scholarships to attend Lithuanian language and culture summer courses.
Scholarships are offered for:
- Students, lecturers or researchers of higher education and research institutions. The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher of foreign higher education and research institution.
- Foreigners of Lithuanian origin. The candidate has to meet all criteria listed below:
• a child, grandchild, great-grandchild of Lithuanians living abroad or a foreigner of the Lithuanian origin (citizens of the Republic of Lithuania who have lived abroad at least three years or citizens of foreign states who have lost the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania shall be regarded as Lithuanians living abroad. A foreigner shall be considered to be a foreigner of Lithuanian descent if at least one of his parents or grandparents is or was Lithuanian and who considers himself Lithuanian);
• an active member of Lithuanian community abroad.
- Erasmus+ students coming to Lithuania for their mobility in 2020-2021 academic year.
- The candidate has to have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen courses (the minimum of B1 level of study language command according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Candidates approved for Lithuanian language and culture courses will receive a scholarship of 585 EUR (does not apply for Erasmus+ students) (The number of scholarships for Klaipeda University).
- If you have received Lithuanian state scholarships for consecutive 12 months in the period of 1st September, 2019 – 1st September, 2020, you are not eligible to apply for any Lithuanian state scholarship for 1.5 year.
- These courses are not available for holders of higher than C1 level of Lithuanian language and native speakers.
- Documents submitted must be completed in English or Lithuanian only.
Priorities (and extra points) will be given to the applicants who:
• apply for the summer language and culture courses for the first time;
• formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at home institution (it must be justified in the application form. Supporting document must be provided);
NOTE! The application will not be considered if:
• application is submitted after the deadline;
• application form is incomplete or the documentation is missing;
• applicants participate in courses more than 3 times (including summer and winter courses at all Lithuanian universities).
For Erasmus+ students