ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
For the group “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin”:
- A child, grandchild, great-grandchild of Lithuanians living abroad or a foreigner of the Lithuanian origin (citizens of the Republic of Lithuania who have lived abroad at least three years or citizens of foreign states who have lost the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania shall be regarded as Lithuanians living abroad. A foreigner shall be considered to be a foreigner of Lithuanian descent if at least one of his parents or grandparents is or was Lithuanian and who considers himself Lithuanian).
- Candidates can only take advantage of the funded courses for a maximum of 3 times in total. Those who apply to participate for the fourth time will not be considered.
- Be of Lithuanian language proficiency no higher than C1.
Also the candidates of this group must comply with one of the criteria below:
- to be an active member of the Lithuanian community abroad;
- to be a student, lecturer or researcher of a foreign higher education and research institution.
Priority (and extra points) will be given to the applicants who:
- apply for the language and culture courses for the first time;
- formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at home institution (a document confirming it must be added to the application form).