Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
Type: Master, full-time
Nominal duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Study language: English
Awards: MSc (Master of Informatics)
Tuition fee: €2880
Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €200. (Application fee is non refundable).
Application deadline: June 30, 2019
Online application: https://apply.ku.lt/
Studies commence: September 2
Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
Master in Informatics
Informatics Master’s degree program’s main objective – to prepare higher qualification Informatics specialists (graduates) with an emphasis on software systems, data analysis and computational science research and development areas that meet the requirements of the modern knowledge-based economy and existing high professional standards in the field.
In Informatics study program special attention is paid to make students aware of the data, information and knowledge, their origin and characteristics, analysis and modeling techniques, modern intelligent, information and software development concepts, their architectural diversity and development of functions, and to develop ability to adapt the existing informatics knowledge to develop added value in public sector, science and business.
The Informatics study programme courses (modules) cover three fundamental and equally important informatics paradigms – the theory, modeling and design:
– theoretical computer science fundamentals;
– emerging computational science research methods;
– paradigms, processes, methods and technologies to develop modern software, information and intelligent systems, data repositories and computer modeling systems;
– methods of application of informatics, data analysis and computational science in natural sciences, technology and social science areas, with special emphasis on research and other applications in oceanography, coastal and marine ecosystems;
– other interdisciplinary aspects of computer science and information technology (including optional modules from study programs of related fields of science).
Graduates will be able to work as informatics specialists (programmers, IS and software architects and designers, information and communication technology administrators – managers, data analysts and computer modellers, IT engineers, IT consultants and teachers) as well as IT heads and project leaders in various Lithuanian and foreign IT enterprises and other institutions, including higher education and research institutions.
- University bachelor’s degree in the area of technological sciences;
- University bachelor’s degree in other areas and at least two-year work experience in the study field;
- Professional bachelor’s degree after the completion of pre-master’s studies.
Subramaniyan Navin Kumar, India.
The University is good, a very peaceful atmosphere. Professors and the administrative staff are very friendly and co-operative. I am okay with the studies; I wish that, in the future, the curriculum would include practical studies as well. I am from India and find it very economical to pursue higher studies here.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- Wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania