Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
Type: Bachelor, full-time
Nominal duration: 4 years (240 ECTS)
Study language: English
Specialisations: Seaport Engineering; Maritime Transport Logistics; Intelligent Maritime Engineering; Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding; Engineering and Management of Liquefied Natural Gas
Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)
Tuition fee: €2595
Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non refundable).
Application deadline: November 30 / June 30
Online application: https://apply.ku.lt/
Studies commence: February 2/ September 2
Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
Shipping and Port Engineering
Shipping and Port Engineering is a unique, promising, and popular study programme. Its graduates are excellent specialists who have a good knowledge of transport and seaport engineering and are able to use the latest computerized information systems. Students are provided with advanced theoretical knowledge and practical skills; they enjoy the opportunity of becoming strategists of new technologies.
- Seaport Engineering. You will acquire knowledge of transport, seaport engineering, and stevedoring technologies and be able to use computerised IT systems, to implement smart autonomous port or e-logistics ideas, and to develop strategic technologies. The studies will get you a job in a moder and growing port of Klaipėda, considered to be a guarantee of the welfare of the Western region population. You will enjoy the opportunity to work in a variety of marine industry and logistics companies: to engage in cargo handling, ship agency, and freight forwarding activities and work as technical consultants or managers of marine industry companies, shipping companies, or projects.
- Marine Transport Logistics. If you are able to respond quickly, love real-world challenges, and wish to manage situations, go for it! You will be able to create and develop logistics supply chains, centres, and platforms and to manage complex tasks of transportation of standard and non-standard cargo by sea and land. You will learn to control the motion of important objects and ships at sea. The demand for such specialists exists today and will exist tomorrow, since movement never ends!
- Intelligent Maritime Transport Engineering. You will gain knowledge of both maritime transport engineering and IT. Today, with the world being on the cusp of Fourth Indiustrial Revolution, the IT knowledge is of special inportance for the development and aplication of innovations to transport, production, and other human activities. If you are interested in transport innovations, development perspectives and technologies of modern engines, and smart automation of devices, here is a proposal to you! By choosing this specialism, you will be able to carry out the maintenance, design, and modernisation of the maritime transport energy equipment – diesel power plants, engines, and mechanisms, to design and implement automation and automated control technologies, and to gain knowledge about biofuel and natural gas technologies in transport.
- Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding. Perhaps each of you was fascinated when watching cruise or container ships … Would you like to design such a ship and become a highly sought after specialist in Lithuania and abroad? In that case, choose the Ship Design and Construction specialism, and upon graduation you will be able to develop new ship concepts, to design, build, and modernise ships, and to apply manufacturing automation and robotisation solutions to shipbuilding and repair as well as metal constructions companies.
- Engineering and Management of Liquefied Natural Gas Terminals. This completely new and promising specialism of the study programme, not implemented in any other Baltic country, opens up and ensures wide employment opportunities for its graduates. The LNG area keeps abreast with contemporary science and advanced technology. Would you like to join? In that case, become a LNG specialist in demand worldwide! It is for you that science and business have joined forces! The specialism will provide you with the ability to control and analyse the technological processes in LNG terminal systems, to apply energy-saving technologies and to ensure safety, and to design natural gas systems and equipment. Upon graduation, you will be able to get jobs not only in LNG terminals, but also in the companies of LNG facilities, systems, and vehicles’ design, manufacturing and repair, and maintenance or in the cleaner energy sector.
The structure of the curriculum
During the studies, students analyze the port infrastructure, superstructure, and other port and shipping-related systems. The courses in the curriculum include: Cargo Types and Flows; Freight Transportation, Forwarding, and Agency; Maritime Transport Management; Transport Systems; Intro to Port Engineering; Intro to Port Infrastructure; Intro to Port Superstructure; Intro to Port Organization and Logistics; Port Terminal Planning; Special Terminals Organization and Operation, etc.
Upon completion of the study programme, graduate is sure to get a job in the modern and developing port of Klaipeda as well as in other ports that are considered to be guarantors of human wellbeing. Graduates can work as engineers in various maritime industries, port administration, etc., in the fields of stevedoring, ship agency, and freight forwarding; they can work as technical consultants or managers of industrial enterprises and their divisions.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- Wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania