Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
Type: Bachelor, full-time
Nominal duration: 3.5 years (210 ECTS)
Study language: English
Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Humanities Sciences)
Tuition fee: €1258
Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €200. (Application fee is non refundable).
Application deadline: June 30, 2019
Online application: https://apply.ku.lt/
Studies commence September 2
Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
Philosophy of Media and Cultural Industries
The Bachelor’s degree programme Philosophy of Media and Cultural Industries is interdisciplinary; it provides practical skills for operating creative technologies, the ability to plan, organise, and innovatively apply multimedia to the creative activity of cultural industries, and to analyse the impact of media on public relations, advertising, and spiritual culture. The studies are modern, creative, and interdisciplinary; they demonstrate how digital technology transforms the traditional thinking and how social, economic, and cultural relationships between society and individual are transformed. During the studies, students learn how to manage media and to create and implement audiovisual projects. Integrated theoretical and practical study units stimulate critical thinking, analysis, and evidence-based evaluation of socio-cultural phenomena and processes.
The structure of the curriculum
The courses of the curriculum include Introduction to Media Philosophy, Visualisation of Motion, Philosophy of ,Antiquity Culture, Introduction to Cultural Semiotics, Digital Media, Aesthetics of Photographic Image, Philosophy of Medieval Culture, Media Information Technology, Computer Animation, Media Ethics, Performance Theory and Practice, Audiovisual Culture, Logics, Media Practice of Audio and Video, Theatre Practice, Practice of Photography, Media of the Cinema in the Framework of Culture, Management of Culture Projects, Onthology of Media, Philosophy of Art and Aesthetics, Modern and Postmodern Culture, Music in Audio-visual Media, Philosophy of Eastern Culture.
Career opportunities. on completion of the studies, Bachelor’s Degree in Cultural Philosophy is awarded. Graduates can:
1) continue in the second cycle of studies and pursue an academic career;
2) work in different state and municipality units, cultural institutions and business companies as consultants and analysts of public relations and media communication;
3) work in other areas of cultural industries, including press, online media, publishing, digtital art, theatre, IT and creative industries, marketing and advertising, radio, TV;
4) work as producers in TV, cinema, and audiovisual cultural industries;
5) participate in didactic or project and expert activities of cultural and educational institutions in Lithuania and EU.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- Wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania