Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
Type: Bachelor, full-time
Nominal duration: 3,5 years (210 ECTS)
Study language: English
Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Social Sciences)
Tuition fee: €2628
Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €65. For other students: €160. (Application fee is non refundable).
Application deadline: June 30
Online application: https://apply.ku.lt/
Studies commence September 1
Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
The study programme aims to prepare highly qualified wide profile economics specialists who will have acquired universal comprehensive and specific study-field knowledge and will be able to adapt the knowledge for effective activity in the public and private sectors under the current market conditions, to organise activities of economic divisions, and to analyse and assess the economic processes in enterprises and organisations in order to make efficient use of available resources. Graduates of the programme are offered jobs by such international companies as KPMG International, Philip Morris International, etc.
The structure of the curriculum
The courses in the curriculum include Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Management, Economic Information Systems, Econometrics, Economic Project Management, Economic Statistics, Marketing, Business Economics, Financial Markets, Regional Economics, Economic Geography, Business Law, International Economic Relations, Accounting, European Economic Issues, Environmental Economics, Service Economy, Insurance Economy, Finance and Investments, Taxes and Taxation, Business Financing Models, Corporate Social Responsibility, Practice in a Simulation Company, Databases and Scientific Information Resources, and Economic Policy.
- pursue the professional career of an economist in various types of business enterprises, including ones in the maritime sector, financial institutions, divisions of public entities, tax inspectorates, etc.;
- work in the field of economics and business consulting;
- continue in the 2nd cycle (master’s degree) studies.
The Department of Economics is in charge of the Master’s degree study programmes in Business Economics and Marketing. Holders of professional bachelor degrees who wish to study in them are organised one-year pre-master courses.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- Wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania