ADMISSION RULES AND SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Persons with master’s or equivalent qualification degree are eligible for the admission.
2. Applicants have to participate in the meeting for the interview. The committee ranks the applicants based on the cumulative score resulting from the assessment criteria (table below) and the interview.
3. The Admissions Commission must provide the applicant with oral information on the additional study conditions and set it out in writing in the admission protocol.
4. Applicants that didn’t pass the procedure of admission to doctoral studies can apply again not earlier then after one year.
5. In case of vacancies are still left after completion of the first admission stage additional competition of admission to doctoral studies can be arranged according the same admission order.
6. The Committee of Doctoral studies takes decisions in all arbitrary cases.
||Selection criteria, extra points
||Formula of competitive mark
|Master‘s degree or corresponding qualification
1. Research project 1 , assessment score (A) 2
2. Interview assessment score (B) 3
3. Average of marks in diploma (annex) (C)
4. Assessment of final project (D)
5. Extra points: assessment of scientific research publications 4 (E).(E=0÷3)
|KB= 0,4 A + 0,4 B + 0,1 C + 0,1 D + E 5
1 Topic of the research project of doctoral studies should be chosen from the list of dissertation topics for the study period 2020/2024. Research project should be written in English and should not exceed six pages of A4 format including pictures and Reference list (font size – 12 pt, line spacing – 1,5 line).
Following elements are necessary in research project:
introduction and state of the art;
relevance and innovative character of topic, specification and definition of scientific problem (research subject);
aim, goals and objectives of research;
research methods, necessary material and equipment of research, additional (planned) financial costs, emerging in the process of research;
description of the activities (preliminary activity plan);
expected results and provisional publication list;
short description of related research projects in KU;
integration of the proposed research into the general activity carried out by the Marine Research Institute, contribution to priority research areas, and cooperation opportunities and proposals (in a separate chapter).
expert list (national and international), necessary/relevant for dissertation;
2 Doctoral studies research project evaluation criteria:
Comprehensiveness of the dissertation topic presentation;
Relevance and novelty of the planned study;
Clarity in definition of the study object;
Relevance of the proposed research methods, preliminary work plan and the expected results;
Ability to write academic texts.
3 Interview evaluation criteria:
Level of general scientific education and specific knowledge of the chosen object of study.
Ability to present study objectives and tasks in a clear and logical way.
Sufficient knowledge of English.
4 Publications are assessed in accordance with their significance and author’s contribution.
5 Candidates obtained the score less than “8” (good) are not accepted for doctoral studies.