|2018||Title/ID/No of project||Duration|| Participants, KU
|Financing||About the project|
|Port Cities – Innovations for Sustainability”, “PORTIS”||2016-2020|| Klaipėda City municipality city authorities in cooperation with University of Aberdeen (UK).
Assoc. Prof. E. Spiriajevas-project‘s local evaluation manager (LEM)
| Horizon 2020
| Informal Adults’ Education for Cultural Tourism Promotion between the Baltic and Nordic Countries
|2017-20149||Assoc. Prof. E. Spiriajevas-project expert||Nord Plus||https://balticnordicfootpr.wixsite.com/footprints|
| Development of Joint GIS Trainings for Improvement of Employment in the Region, “GISEDU”
|2017-2019||Assoc. Prof. E. Spiriajevas-project expert||Latvia and Lithuania cross-border cooperation programme 2014-2020||http://gisedu.eu/en/|
The academic staff develop professionally and use their knowledge and skills by participating in different national and international projects, research leaves, and international courses/ trainings. The staff of the master programme Regional Governance took part in the following research projects:
- Teacher Induction: Supporting the Supporters of Novice Teachers in Europe (TISSNTE);
- International Research Databasis Lituanistika;
- Lagoons as Crossroads for Tourism and Interactions of Peoples of South-East Baltic: from the History to Present;
- The Development of Klaipeda in the Period of 1990 – 2010: from the Soviet Industrial Port to a Lithuanian Multicultural City;
- Feasibility Study on the Establishment of Public Service Centres commissioned by the Ministry of Interior (2013);
- Descriptor of the Study Programme in the Field of Public Administration commissioned by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (2013);
- Support and Development of Rural Entrepreneurship from Local Experience to Cross Border Cooperation (2012-2014);
- Erasmus Summer School “Language Contact in Contemporary Europe” (2014)
Department of Public Administration and Social Geography was partner for Greifswald University (Germany) and others in project Analysis of Spatial Criminal Dynamic in Klaipėda city 1990 – 2010 (2014-2016); Feasibility study for Vismaliukai innovation and investment zone development (2015); Klaipėda University, Department of Public Administration and Social Geography together with European Commission in Lithuania organized discussion „Let’s talk about Europe and ours” (2015) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30FBvRwgMiQ;
2015.11.24 Public lecture-action (in the middle of the city) during the festival “Restart” – “The Pirate Experience Participating in Local government or how do potatoes will become the citizens”; Fraud Risks Analysis at Lithuanian Local Government (2016) commissioned by Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists.
For more information please see the entry in Lithuanian.