PhD studies are provided in Ecology and Environment without partners and jointly in 10 fields with partner in Lithuania and abroad:
- Biomedical sciences: Ecology and Environmental Science;
- Physical sciences: Physical Geography;
- Humanities: Ethnology, Philology, History, Art Criticism;
- Social sciences: Education Science, Economy, Political Sciences, Management;
- Technological sciences: Transport Engineering.
Forms of studies
In accordance to the intensity of studies, there are full-time (4 years) and part-time studies (6 years).
People are admitted to doctoral studies on the basis of an open competition. The most important criteria are:
- Published or accepted to be published scientific publications;
- Scientific research project that details out what the applicant plans to research during his/her studies. It should be around 5-12 pages long;
- Grade point average of master’s diploma;
- Motivational interview in which all the applicants must participate (life or via Internet).
- Diploma of master’s degree or qualification adequate to it, its annex/supplement;
- Notarised translation of the master’s degree diploma and its supplement into the Lithuanian language;
- Document recognizing the qualification acquired abroad issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education of Lithuania;
- 2 letters of recommendation;
- Scientific publications (if there are any) and their copies;
- Project of scientific research;
- Copy of ID document.
Tuition fees in all the science areas are:
- 8250 EUR per year for full-time studies;
- 5500 EUR per year for part-time studies.
For motivated students scholarships might be provided depending on the particular situation upon presenting a motivational letter explaining circumstances why the sholarship should be provided.
Requirements during the studies
During his/her studies, one should implement these conditions:
- To take approx. 5 subjects (30 ECTS);
- To write and publish at least 2 scientific articles;
- To participate in at least 2 conferences (one should be international);
- To write a dissertation.