Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course (2022, 14 July – 12 August): Onsite/Online course
We are pleased to invite students, lecturers or researchers of higher education/research institutions (except Russian citizens) and foreigners of Lithuanian origin to participate in Lithuanian Language and Culture Sumer Course 2022, organized by Klaipeda University and funded by Education Exchanges Support Foundation.
The course will be held from 14-07-2022 to 12-08-2022.
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher of a higher education and research institution of foreign country (except Russian citizens) or a foreigner of Lithuanian origin (residing not in Lithuania).
- Participation in the courses can be funded for a maximum of 3 times. Participants coming for a contact course will receive a scholarship of 630 EUR.
- Lithuanian language proficiency of the candidates must be no higher than C1.
- Documents submitted must be completed in English or Lithuanian only.
- Recommendations can be sent on this form or provided in a free format. The reference letter must include a signature
- Deadline for application: April 27, 2022 (including all obligatory documents!)
The intensive summer courses are being held here for 21 years and got a worldwide recognition from Europe to America, from Australia to Japan. Our alumni and course teachers cherish their relationships making a huge network. Almost 1/3 of alumni participate in our courses again and again, each time improving knowledge of Lithuanian at a more advanced level, and some of them already have become teachers of Lithuanian in their countries!
From 2020, the intensive summer courses are taught also live online. It’s an excellent opportunity to have a part of students in the University classrooms and a part of them online, thus making a huge international multicultural community with an amazing feeling of being very close to each other.
Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Academy in 2022 (July 14 – August 12) is going to be a combination of both contact and live online course options.
Having chosen a contact or an online summer course, you will:
- Acquire a certain level of Lithuanian language competence in a group of an appropriate level;
- Language classes will be held every day from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 12:30 (Lithuanian time). In case of online groups from American continent the time of classes can be different, e. g.15:00–18:30.
- Total workload includes 82 academic hours of live communication;
- Homework tasks will take at least some 1 more hour;
- Cultural program will be organized on certain days after classes (after a lunch break) and on Saturdays. This will include interactive lectures of the culture of Lithuania, traditions and customs, Lithuanian folklore; live and virtual trips, other events (see the Course Program (čia t.b. aktyvi nuoroda)
- Graduation certificates and 8 ECTS (European study credits) for those who fulfill the teaching program will add to your portfolio!
Deadline for scholarship application: April 27, 2022.
TOTAL NUMBER OF QUOTAS FOR KLAIPEDA UNIVERSITY
The Eastern Partnership countries, ASEM countries, Lithuania priority export market countries – 25;
Other countries – 3;
Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin – 9.