INTRODUCTION TO BLUE ECONOMY
Introduction to ocean industries, new strategic opportunities in related industries, examples in Norway as Norway is perfectly positioned to take lead positions in emerging ocean industries. Area of technology and business collaboration.
1. Introduction to Innovation as a Management Process
- Introduction to innovation
- Enhancing competitiveness and sustainability through innovation
- Innovation as a management process
- Developing and sustaining an organisational culture of open innovation
2. Developing Technology and Knowledge based Products and Services
- Introduction to New Product Development
- Idea generation and screening
- Assessing ideas for their commercial potential
- Intellectual Property Issues in new product development
3. Innovation in the context of Blue Growth
- Blue economy and innovation strategy
- Technologies, trends and trade
- Examples and Case studies
IOT AND BLOCK CHAIN FOR PORTS
GIOVANNI DI NOTO
Fundamentals on Blockchain, DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology), IoT, AI/ML technologies & their application in Smart Supply Chain
Module 1 | DLT core concepts & underpinning technologies
Module 2 | DLT use cases (30+ over 10 core domains)
Module 3 | IoT, BigData and AI technologies core concepts & underpinning technologies
Module 4 | Technologies organic convergence and emergent phenomena
Module 5 | supply chain DLT sector
1. Coasts, Tourism & Wellness: a new growth sector for the tourism industries? The Pros and Cons. (Laszlo Pusko arba Melanie Smith) (Health – Wellness and SPA – tourism phenomenon, determinants, drivers, trends; Well-being definition, types; Health tourism relationship with Sustainable Coastal Tourism; Health Tourism practices, facts and figures; Global challenges and transformations in Tourism (Corona..), focusing on Coastal Tourism, Health Tourism and Sustainability; ect.
2. Innovations for Sustainable Coastal/Health Tourism and Well-being (Antoni Vidal, Valencia (EU-Conexus) arba prof. dr. Nadja Janovska, Lenkija) (Concepts, Characteristics and Models; Innovations in Health Tourism Process, Benefit and Risk; Relationships between Innovations and Tourism sector Change; Best practices and examples).
3. Developing Coastal area as Sustainable Health Tourism Destination (John Wallin Pedersen, Danija) (Health Tourism Management and Marketing; Health tourism service development process models).
JERONIMO CHIRIVELLA MARTORELL
1. Blue bioeconomy potential, EU Blue Growth strategy, Blue biotechnology market overview. The use of marine biotechnology products: energy, food and feeding, bioinspired material, medicine, bioremediation.
2. Marine organisms for biotechnology. Cultivation and storage modes. Identification of novel compounds, screening of marine-derived extracts, exploring biological activities and functions.
3. The value chain of marine biotechnology development: from idea to market.
SHIPPING AND PORTS
NIELS GORM MALÝ RYTTER
Day 1: Introduction to Fundamentals of Shipping Processes. Simulation-based training and team building. The liner shipping game.
Day 2: Digital, Sustainable and Competitive Shipping.. Macro view of the shipping industry and its digital and sustainable transformation journey. Business Improvement and Digitalization Framework. Digitalizing shipping data value chains.
Case examples from Container, RoRo, Tanker / Bulk shipping
1. Atomation in container terminals
2. Agent-based simulation architecture for evaluating operational policies in transshipping containers
3. Market-driven control in container terminal management
4. Automated guided vehicles in a container terminal
BLUE GROWTH FORESIGHT
MATTHEW J. SPANIOL
This session covers strategies and method applications to unlock blue growth for businesses and organizations.
Part 1: Introduction to strategic foresight: Philosophy, methods, and key terms in strategic foresight
Part 2: Roadmapping the future of blue growth
Part 2: Hands-on: Building blue growth scenarios
*This course ranked #1 by students