In November, Taylor & Francis Group organizes webinars for researchers and authors.
Publishing in Academic Journals
10th of November, 2021
Publishing is an integral element of the researcher process with most academics required to publish at least once in their professional career. Researchers must also navigate a publishing landscape that is constantly evolving.
This workshop is designed for early career researchers who have limited publishing experience. It will provide a basic overview of the current state of academic publishing to enable a better understanding of the process and as well as offer guidance to help researchers succeed.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Publishing cycle: basic overview of the publishing landscape and process
- Assessing journals: what to look for when choosing where to publish
- Open access benefits and challenges
- Preparing your manuscript for publication
- Peer review basics: overview with recommendations on how to respond to reviewer comments
- Typical reasons for rejection and how to avoid them
The session will be followed by a Q&A, where you’ll have the chance to ask questions on any of the topics covered.