The webinar is organized by Klaipeda University, Lithuania
Date: November 10th, 2020
For participation as a presenter or a listener, please register:
* Registration is open until October 25th, 2020
*All participants (listeners and presenters) will receive Klaipeda University certificates of participation.
We kindly invite you to take active part in the live international scientific webinar organized by Klaipeda University and give a presentation on the important topic.
Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) are especially vulnerable to an economic downturn, which occurred due to COVID-19. With generally small reserves and limited working capital, many SMEs rely upon a steady flow of continuous demand for their products and services. Many would struggle to survive a prolonged period of reduced economic activity. Being dependent upon a small group of staff, they are also more likely to be badly impacted by staff shortages due to illness or the need to look after the elderly or children who are unable to attend now-closed schools. Supporting SMEs with business continuity in these contexts can help to mitigate adverse effects of the economic downturn.
We will examine the topics:
- measures to ensure that the prevention and containment of the virus reaches SMEs,
- variety of financial facilities to help companies address the short-term consequences of the outbreak as part of wider fiscal policy responses, such as temporary tax relief or direct financial support to SMEs;
- support packages that foresee emergency loans to support SME.
- management decisions to support the effective activity of SMEs in the time of uncertainty, etc.
*Requirements for scientific presentation: preferred .ppt format, 15 minutes duration + 3 minutes of questions-answers.
*All presentations will be stored in a folder and accessed by all webinar participants.
Scheduled time: 10.00 – 12.00 (CET)
Please use this exceptional opportunity to communicate on the very important issue with the colleagues in EU-CONEXUS network. Common joint research makes our scientific community stronger and closer to each other.
Please register here: https://forms.gle/SBoWhyaYvDNu7dP96
* The updated programme will be sent on November 5th , 2020