The German government has announced 13,000 more jobs for hospitals and care homes in 2018, but there is still a shortage of qualified medical staff. Hospitals, nursing homes and other care providers are finding it harder and harder to recruit and retain skilled nursing staff. It is projected that 3 million nurses will be needed by 2060, given Germany’s aging population. On the other hand, Germany is also numbered as one among the highly paying country for nurses. This makes the perfect opportunity for experienced nurses with from other countries to pursue their career in Germany after proving German language skills and getting the licence.
Medi Jobs Germany offers you the opportunity to enhance your necessary language skills to get placed with the reputed medical organisations in Germany and trustworthy employers. Medi Jobs Germany is guided and assisted by qualified practitioners and recruiters for medical jobs in Germany, and together we maintain strong professional relations with top medical and healthcare institutions and job placement organisations in Germany. They cover all the arenas in the health care fields, making us one of the top medical recruitment companies in the world. Therefore, with us you get assured placements after completing the German Nursing Adaptation Course.
German Nursing Adaptation Course is an integral programme of study modules and services intended to develop foreign nurses’ core academic, technical and employability skills, to provide them with continuous education, training, to increase awareness of European health care system and intercultural communication and to place them in high-demand jobs with long-term perspectives. Each module in the curriculum of studies is designed to achieve enhanced employability and improved career prospects in Germany.
Altogether, this course is of a duration of 10 months (1 year) with a key focus on the language modules to attain the proficiency in German language Level B2 (intermediate) and European health care specific with the Expert modules such as Decision Making and Introduction to the German medical system and quality assurance, Mental Health – Wellbeing, Pharmacology and Geriatric – Palliative Nursing Issues. The course is offered in collaboration with Klaipeda University, Lithuania.
German Nursing Adaptation Course. Content
Duration: 9 months
Intake: 1 September 2019
Deadline: 30 April 2019
Content: 60 ECTS (48 ECTS of German language, 12 ECTS of Expert modules)
Course Fee: 3700 Euros
German examination (Goethe Zertifikat): 101 Euros (exam in June)
Certificate: German Nursing Adaptation Course Certificate. Official German language certificate (by Goethe institute)
Campus: Klaipeda University, Lithuania
What will you learn, and which competences will you gain during the course?
This course is intended for candidates who already have degree in nursing and at least 1 year of work experience and would like to qualify for working as a nurse in Germany and seek a practice-oriented introduction to the language and preparation for their career in Germany. After completing this course the specialist will
- be able to communicate in German at general and a specialised level (health care) and have a solid background to improve the language skills further at the workplace,
- get acquainted with the latest situation in German health care system and latest methods of the assistance and care in Europe,
- intercultural communication skills.
Structural overview of curriculum:
|German 1/ 6 ECTS||German 2/ 6 ECTS||German 3/ 6 ECTS||German 4 / 6 ECTS|
|A1 level||A2 level|
|Expert Module 1: Introduction to the German Medical System and Quality Assurance||Expert Module 2: Pharmacology / 5 ECTS|
|From 13 January||February||March||April||May|
|German 5/ 6 ECTS||German 6/ 6 ECTS||German 7/ 6 ECTS||German 8 / 6 ECTS|
|B1 level||B2 level|
|Expert Module 3: Mental Health – Wellbeing Nursing / 4 ECTS||Expert Module 4: Geriatric – Palliative Nursing Issues and Decision Making / 3 ECTS|
Expert Module 1: Introduction to the German Medical System and Quality Assurance
The module is designed to provide an overall insight into concepts of Quality Management (QM) and how issues of quality are related to health and social care services in Germany. The course participants will be provided with basic understanding of QM principles and methods and the way how to apply them to health and social care services. Business process mapping and standardisation is an important step in the preparation for data and analysis.
In this module, different methods of data collection and some basic statistical tools applicable for data analysis during the process of quality assessment will be discussed. Participants will be introduced with decision making and problem-solving tools, evaluation of processes and services, business excellence and sustainable growth.
Expert Module 2: Pharmacology
Students are introduced to the general patterns of drug influence on the body, different body functions acting medications, their forms. Also, they learn about drug interactions with the receptors, the body’s response relationship between the administered dose and the therapeutic mechanisms of toxicity, drug quantitative and qualitative changes, metabolism, elimination.
Expert Module 3: Mental Health – Wellbeing Nursing
This module is designed to provide the knowledge about the system of psychiatric assistance and supervision in in Europe, mental illnesses, their causes, the principal symptoms and syndromes, prevention, the characteristics of mental patient nursing, psycho-educational methods and applied research in nursing. Educational and practical conditions are created to master the knowledge, to extend the understanding and to train the skills when planning and nursing mental patients; to apply the acquired knowledge to the research in nursing.
Expert Module 4: Geriatric – Palliative Nursing Issues and Decision Making
Students are introduced to the concepts of gerontology and geriatrics, the theories of the aging process, and the socio-economic problems of the old people’s population. During the studies, the biological and physiological changes in different systems of the human body taking place in the aging process are analysed. Specific geriatric states and syndromes are discussed. The issue of elderly people’s mental disorders and their nursing is emphasized. The principles of palliative care that integrate psychological and spiritual aspects of the dying individual’s care and are used in practice are analysed.
Benefits of the course:
- Assistance to get placed in a hospital or elder care homes with a minimum contract of 2+ years.
- Small class size with a student – tutor ratio of 15:1.
- Live interaction with extremely qualified Healthcare professionals.
- Language competencies acquired.
- The graduates of this course become eligible to apply for a license to practice in Germany with your foreign nursing qualification and B2 language level in German.
We offer more than a course – real employment:
- Assistance for gaining the license to practice in Germany and the support with visas and permits.
- Job Assistance with the top players in the health care sector assured.
- Complete assistance for interviews with health care employers.
- Successful completion of German Nursing Adaptation Course enables to practice as a nurse and get your foreign Nursing degree recognised.
- Fair salaries, indefinite contracts, regulated holiday periods and a series of additional benefits boost the solid state of the German health sector labour market.
- High employee satisfaction is driven by the excellent hygienic conditions and the space designed in our partnering Hospitals.
- Long-term contract leads to possibility to bring the family and receive permanent residency or citizenship.
Who can apply?
- The graduates of BSc in Nursing with a duration of not less than 4 years;
- The graduates of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery with a duration of not less than 3 years + minimum 2 years of work experience;
- Intermediate proficiency in English (no IELTS/ TOEFL required).
About the Campus
Why Klaipeda University for German Nursing Adaptation Course?
Klaipeda University is a multidisciplinary educational public institution, a national and Baltic Region leader located in the in the Lithuanian seaport Klaipeda which is a vibrant city, the 3rd largest in Lithuania. The University takes pride of having its own Department of Nursing and a Foreign Language Centre. Nursing has developed into an independent field of science as a profession with its own educational and professional preparation system and laws. The department prepares nurses with the general and professional competences and provides nursing professional education of university level that corresponds with the European standards. The campus is also carrying out research topics on the topics Patient safety, death and dying, Nurse empowerment and professionalism, patient care and empowering education, ethics in nursing, etc.
Moreover, Klaipeda University has several decades experience to conduct international studies in English and have excellent tutors with proficient knowledge and experience. It is rather young and growing university who provides high quality education for a reasonable price.
Klaipeda University offers brand new dormitory on the main campus with excellent living conditions for Course participants. Cost: 140 EUR/month.
- A member of European Union
- The most educated nation in Europe: 93,4% have a secondary education
- The country is a melting pot between historical and multi-cultural influences mixed with a modern cosmopolitan atmosphere
- 92% speak foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- Lithuania is business friendly, sociable and ideal country to pursue higher education
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
- Students can work up to 20 hours a week if they have a work permit
- Living cost is less comparable to other EU countries. One can enjoy benefits without paying any hefty amount
- Lowest documentations for visa with affordable finances
- Safe, calm and clean environment
Medi Jobs Germany
WhatsApp: +44 7448 568858
Tel. +44 7448 137869