Summer Academy involves:
- intensive Lithuanian language courses. Lectures are held every day (20 working days, a total of 90 academic hours of work in a classroom) + cultural program;
- cultural program together with language practice: that includes trips, evening events, stay in a Lithuanian family. Students have possibility to visit the most famous places of interest in Lithuania (weekend excursions); they are introduced to the history of Lithuania in the context of the Baltic countries, Lithuanian traditions and customs, are taught Lithuanian folk songs, dances and games.
DAILY COURSE SCHEDULE
(on working days, except for the opening and closing days):
- 9.00–10.30 1st lecture
- 10.30–11.00 Break
- 11.00–12.30 2nd lecture
- 12.30–13.30 time for consultations, etc.
Trips, cultural events and other planned activities of the program are organized in the afternoons and weekends.
- Ceremonial opening of courses. First lecture. Coffee / tea meeting.
- Walking tour in the old town of Klaipėda. Visits to the Lithuania Minor and Castle Museums.
- Trip to Curonian Spit. Juodkrantė (Hill of Witches), Dead Dunes, Nida: Parnidis Dune, Amber Museum, Thomas Mann’s museum.
- Interactive presentation of Lithuanian ethic culture and multicultural friendship evening event: Lithuanian folk songs, dances.
- Interactive lecture given by a University historian (in LT and EN languages) “Lithuania in the Context of the Baltic Countries: Past and Present”. Discussions.
- Tour in Lithuania Minor (Western Lithuania), 2 days. Švėkšna mansion, Mingė village – Lithuanian Venice, Ventė horn and other places of interest. Overnight in a rural farmstead: Lithuanian folk party, practical Lithuanian lessons.
- Stay in a Lithuanian family, where one will get acquainted with the hospitality traditions of the Lithuanian culture, carry out practical Lithuanian language communication tasks, cook Lithuanian dishes, play Lithuanian folk games, and communicate.
- Tour over Lithuania (3-days). You will visit Kaunas, Rumšiškės,Vilnius, Kernavė and Trakai (present and former capitals of Lithuania).
- Interactive lecture in Lithuanian “Virtual tour over Lithuania”.
- Course closing celebration.
Suggested site on your own: trip to Palanga; Amber Museum